Monday, December 8, 2008

Introduction

Hello Friends, Teachers, Students and interested MMA members:

This blog was created for you to follow my trip with Lindblad Expedition and the Maria Mitchell Association to The White Continent: Antarctica. It has been a year and a half since MMA and I promoted this once in a lifetime opportunity. Seventeen poeple have responded and will be traveling with me to Antarctica January 5th-18th 2009.

During the trip I will be trying to blog my adventure (I stress "trying" since I will not always have internet connection) on a daily basis. In additon I will post questions for students to try and answer before my next blog entry. Please also feel free to post questions to me and I will do my best to answer them all.

Finally, I ask everyone to be respectful to anyone who is reading and participating in the blog.

Thank you all for your interest,

Darcie

4 comments:

  1. I am packing as I'm writing; hope all my friends and family will check in. Looking forward to an amazing adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best wishes on your adventure! I can't wait to see pictures of penguins and whales!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey there Darcie - Nice post. I want to come to Santiago. Be sure and post your birds.

    Just finished 4 hours with Bob going through the recently turned back on freezer. Bet you are sorry you missed that one!

    But there are many fewer smelly creatures now than there were.

    Kenny B. - Thinking of YOU from Nantucket.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Darcie,

    I enjoyed your blog and bird photos. Tomorrow I'll show Blaise and Skye, and we'll try to answer the questions you asked.

    I hope today's travels went well for you and your groupl.

    M. F.

    ReplyDelete